This will be our second Christmas away from family, so I want to make home feel like something exciting and important is about to happen. The end of the year is going to be about dreams, colour, light and scented hallucinogenic wonder.
So here I am wearing flannel, listening to Pink Martini’s holiday album and thinking about the ways I’m going to make this happen.
Here are TEN projects so far:
1. This literal and sensorial orange garland
2. These advent calendar ideas on Oh Happy Day. I especially like this one:
3. Look at these Christmas trees made out of pasta!
4. Love these colourful candles and psychedelic reindeer.
5. You can make an easy peace wreath and help combat gloval upheaval with benevolent brain waves from the doorway.
6. Send out cards like these!
6. All you need is some melted white chocolate and green sprinkes for this one. Is this what Christmas in Italy looks like?
7. You can make these kickass paper roses and go crazy decorating your Christmas presents.
8. If you hoard empty jars like I do, these Christmas snowglobes would be a cinch to make using trinkets from the charity shops.
9. Lovers of exotic animals might want to try this project on for size.
10. Old fashioned bird ornaments with tinsel and cupcake liners from the lovely Aunt Peaches.